1. Trichology is the scientific study of hair and scalp. Clinical trichology is the diagnosis and treatment of the diseases and disorders of the hair.
2. A professional trichologist is a certified hair & scalp specialist who deals with the problems of hair and scalp.
3. The patients may compliant of certain excessive hair loss from all over the scalp, severe breakage after receiving a chemical service, a bald patch that has certainly appeared or itching and excessive scaling from the scalp. Such patients would like knowledgeable and professional advice and where possible recommended treatment.
4. During the initial consultation the trichologist determine the problem and deeper analysis of the hair to evaluate the patient's hair problem. Tricologist will ask questions about diet, drugs taken within the last 6 months, family history of hair loss, and any recent illness.
5. The common causes of hair loss are,
* Change in life style and nutrition.
6. Once the problem has been identified, the Tricologist will discuss the cause with the patient and decide whether the problem requires tropical or internal treatment.
7. Many body dysfunctions can cause hair loss or accelerate the pattern of baldness, very little can be done to reverse hereditary hair loss and grow back genetically destroyed hair.
All the types of hair loss and baldness are abnormal, so their cause must be determined and if possible eliminated.
8. Diet affects our hair and scalp quite dramatically. Well balanced diet actually produces good hair and most people don't like to hear that but, it's true. Crash dieting causes hair loss.
If you are a vegetarian it may be that you need to take an iron supplement.
9. There are many different kinds of hair loss with varying causes:
From people complaining of thinning hair, falling hair, receding hairline or baldness.
When it comes to dealing with the loss of hair correctly, the Tricologist must determine the type of hair loss and term the problem reversible or non reversible.
Once the problem is diagnosed then appropriate treatment can be advised. Some forms of hair loss can be semi reversible, in that loss may be slowed but not reversed.
10. Washing the hair often is much better for the hair then. If the correct products suitable for the hair type and life style are used, the hair can be washed daily and it should look at its best.
11. Trichologist are not restricted to one particular form of treatment and have the flexibility to choose between conventional or complementary medicine, depending on which is most appropriate for the patient's condition. There are vast number of natural compounds, herbs, oils and nutrients after having a greater effect on certain conditions than orthodox methods with no side effects.
12. Many sufferers of hair loss and scalp conditions have visited their own doctor only to have their problem dismissed or trivialized as cosmetic or aesthetic and not life threatening .the anxiety and depression of the suffer told "it will write itself" or "you will have to live with it" is exasperated this is where the trichologist comes in.
13. Hair is made up of protein therefore, adding protein to your diet helps in the effective management of hair loss, minerals iron, zinc are also required in certain quantities for hair to grow well. These are included in the personalized diet chart.
14. Many factors can contribute to dull and life less hair including illness poor diet or poor nutrition or malabsorption of vitamins.
15. Hair is the crowning glory. If the person starts to loose the hair at the age of 18 he or she will be probably bald by the time they are 25 where as if a person starts loosing hair at the age of 35 to 40 and takes good care of her hair, the chances are she will retain a reasonable head of hair in the old age. So please take care of hair loss at the initial stage. It's very difficult to re grow what you have loss.
16. Even in the baldest man a permanent ring of hair exists at the sides at the back of head. For unknown reasons this hair is unaffected by the balding process. In follicular hair transplant a strip of skin contained this permanent hair is removed from the back of the head the hair follicles are then carefully dissected out from the piece of skin and placed at very small surgical site made in the thinning or balding areas of the scalp. Once transplanted this hair grows naturally for the rest of life.
17. Male pattern baldness and now more commonly in women who are thinning or occasionally balding.
18. No the procedure is performed under the local anesthetic and mild sedation.
19. The new hair starts to grow between 14 to 16 weeks and will take at least six months for the new hair to make significant cosmetic difference.
20. Yes the state of the art hair transplanted performed now using single and small grafts produces generally convincing hair line.
21. We use range of specialist scalp treatment, creams, medicated oils and herbal medicines. All of our treatments are especially tailored to the patient requirement s and are hypo allergic for sensitive skin. These treatments are very effective and have been used to treat scalp and hair problems for a very long time.
22. Very proud to say that 60 to 70 percent of our patients show improvement and further 20 to 30 percent show that there situation is stable.
23. Yes hair transplant is safe. Minor surgical procedure that involves rounding donor hair from the back or sides of the scalp and placing them into bald or thinning areas of the scalp (recipient areas).
24. Hair loss in women is becoming more prominent and this has persuaded doctors to take a closer look at the problem. It has been proved that poor diet can play a big part in promoting the hair loss, especially in women whom already have to contend with hormonal imbalance which also contributes to hair loss. 95 percent of hair loss in women is caused by androgenetic alopecia (female type of baldness).This may be inherited from parents. What causes the hair loss in this condition is a chemical called DHT which is a hormone which all men and women produce.
1. Everyone wants vibrant, shiny hair. When hair is healthy, the cells in the cuticle layer lie flat; light bounces off its smooth surface and gives you a glossy appearance.
2. The old saying "you are what you eat "holds true for your hair. A diet rich in whole grains, proteins, fruits and vegetables will provide the nutrients necessary for proper follicle development function and hair vitality.
Taking supplement will give your hair the edge it needs to fight back against damage. Capsules of prime rose, flax seed, or cod liver oil improves your hair texture and prevents the brittleness. Vitamin b complex and E will improve overall hair health by increasing circulation to the scalp and stimulating growth. Zinc provides healthy protein formation within the hair cortex, while iron is needed to supply vigor. The most important supplement is silica, from spring horse tail or in the colloidal silica form.
Pamper your hair with the natural and nourishing blends. Make your hair the real crowning glory, it was meant to be.
The treatments the help heel and maintain, healthy hair. When hair is already damaged from sun, chlorine, salt water etc.
Blend together 125ml of mayonnaise and half of an avocado. Massage this mixture into wet hair and scalp cover with plastic wrap and leave on for 20 minutes. Rinse as usual.
For extra dry or damaged hair add 5ml of either jojoba or coconut oil, oily hair benefits the addition of few scant drops of essential oil of lavender, or a 5 to 10 ml of fresh lemon juice.